Paris Insights Archives
January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris
The election of Barack Obama as 44th president of the United States has elicited considerable interest in France. Dorothy Polley, an American living in Paris, has turned the political victory into an artistic celebration. In this month's Paris Insights, read about the exposition that she organized at her art gallery to mark the historic occasion.
With the beginning of the New Year we turn our attention to bistrots and wine bars, where informal dining takes precedence over the sometimes stiff formality of larger, more expensive restaurants. Read our first review of a wine bar, 5eme Cru, in this month's Le Bon Goût.
For our Paris, Past and Present feature, we explore digital technology and report on how it allows artists and photographers to produce high-quality, limited editions of their creations.
Paris Insights Newsletters for 2009
- December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
- November 2009 - Remembering the Sacrifice
- October 2009 - Art around Town
- September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
- August 2009 - Le Pavillon de l'Aurore
- July 2009 - The American Revolution in Paris
- June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
- May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
- April 2009 - Cinéma des Cinéastes
- March 2009 - The Remarkable Church that Anatole de Baudot Built
- February 2009 - An American in Paris—David Burke
- January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris