Paris Insights Archives
August 2012 - Biodynamic Wine - A Step Beyond
Young French filmmaker Guillaume Bodin has produced a video on the world of biodynamic wine. Entitled La Clef des Terroirs, the film is scheduled to be released on DVD for North American audiences at the end of the year under the title Wine: The Green Revolution. Read about Bodin's passion for this wine and about the biodynamic wine movement in France in this month's Paris Insights.
We recently learned that a barge makes bimonthly trips to Paris to sell wine that is produced around L'Yonne, a French administrative département that lies to the southeast of the city. Read about how it is now possible to purchase wine from this vessel when it docks along the canal in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Last month we dined at Café Noir, a restaurant that stands at the intersection of two cobblestone streets in the distant 20th arrondissement of Paris. Read our review and meet chef and proprietor José Maréchal this month's Le Bon Goût.
Guillaume Bodin courtesy of Guillaume Bodin
La Cave Vagabonde by www.DiscoverParis.net
José Maréchal by www.DiscoverParis.net
Paris Insights Newsletters for 2012
- December 2012 - The Man Who Put Paris in a Bottle
- November 2012 - Adieu Paris, We Hardly Knew Ye
- October 2012 - A New Bed and Breakfast Opens near Paris
- September 2012 - Chocolat the Clown
- August 2012 - Biodynamic Wine - A Step Beyond
- July 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part II
- June 2012 - Musicians in the Metro - Part I
- May 2012 - An American in Paris - Jenna Thornton
- April 2012 - Stress and the City: The Best Spas in Paris
- March 2012 - Bruno Quenioux – A Champion of Independently-produced Wines
- February 2012 - Tasting Ganaches Made from Venezuelan Chocolate
- January 2012 - Will the Last True Parisian to Leave the City Please Turn Out the Lights?