February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
With Valentine’s Day just two weeks away, and in view of the popular association of chocolate with the celebration of this day, we decided to organize a taste test to determine the best truffles that France’s chocolatiers have to offer. We assembled a group of professionals in the culinary field to sample this confection in a blind taste test. When we compiled the scores that they awarded, some surprising results emerged. Read about the tasting in this month's Paris Insights.
We had the occasion to meet the American pastry chef of Jean, a Michelin-rated one-star restaurant, located in the 9th arrondissement. When we went there to dine, we met the owner, Jean-Frédéric Guidoni, as he welcomed his customers at the door. We write about our fabulous dining experience there for this month's Le Bon Goût.
When we visited chocolatier Patrick Roger's shop on boulevard Saint-Germain we learned that chocolate is not just for tasting. Read our report entitled, "The Art of Chocolate and Chocolate as Art," in this month's Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2010
- December 2010 - Marrons Glacés – A Sweet Confection for the Holiday Season
- November 2010 - Nadar: From High School Dropout to Iconic Photographer
- October 2010 - A Masterpiece of Modern Architecture
- September 2010 - Another Jewish Paris
- August 2010 - An Interview with Dante James
- July 2010 - A Visit to an Herb Shop
- June 2010 - Le Lapin Agile: A Cabaret for Traditional French Songs
- May 2010 - American Students “Ain't Misbehavin'” in Seine-Saint-Denis
- April 2010 - Spoken Word in Paris
- March 2010 - Clocks and Clock Faces - Paris-style
- February 2010 - A Taste for Truffles
- January 2010 - Julhès - A Parisian Food Emporium