May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
What could be more luxurious than biting into a morsel of unctuous chocolate made by one of the leading chocolatiers of Paris? We paid a visit to Jean-Charles Rochoux at his shop on rue d’Assas and learned about his passion for the cocoa bean. Read our account in this month’s Paris Insights.
In April, we returned to a bistrot where we had not dined for some time, and discovered that the food was just as good as we remembered it. We give a full report about our experience at La Robe et Le Palais in our restaurant review Le Bon Goût.
Until the mid-twentieth century, the thirteenth arrondissement of Paris was home to a great number of manufacturing facilities, including a chocolate factory. We give an account of the Meunier-Lombart plant in our feature Paris, Past and Present.
Paris Panorama Newsletters for 2009
- December 2009 - An American Artist in Paris—Joe Johnson
- November 2009 - Remembering the Sacrifice
- October 2009 - Art around Town
- September 2009 - Multicultural Dining in Montparnasse
- August 2009 - Le Pavillon de l'Aurore
- July 2009 - The American Revolution in Paris
- June 2009 - Dave Frishberg Sings "Another Song about Paris"
- May 2009 - A Chocolate Wonderland
- April 2009 - Cinéma des Cinéastes
- March 2009 - The Remarkable Church that Anatole de Baudot Built
- February 2009 - An American in Paris - David Burke
- January 2009 - Celebrating Obama at Dorothy's Gallery in Paris